By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this site.
1. Agreement. This Agreement (the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of smplawcorp.com (the “Site”) and describe the terms and conditions applicable to your access of and use of the Site. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation upon posting of a modified agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at smplawcorp.com. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
3. Ownership. All content included on this site is and shall continue to be the property of Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation or its content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content by or through your use of this site.
4. Intended Audience. This website is intended for adults only. This website is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
5. Trademarks. Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation, “striving to treat every client like our only client” and others are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Site Use. Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this site solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use materials, products or services in violation of any law. The use of this website is at the discretion of Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation and Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation may terminate your use of this website at any time. Note this site contains links to other sites. WE are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or information provided by such other sites.
7. Compliance with Laws. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the website. You further agreed that information provided by you is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation and our partners, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliates, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
9. Not Legal Advice. The information and materials on our website are for informational purposes only. We cannot warrant that the materials are accurate or complete. Moreover, the materials are general in nature, and may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances. In any event, the materials do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. Therefore, if you want legal advice, please consult a lawyer. While we would welcome the opportunity to consider having someone at Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation serve as your lawyer, we accept clients only in accordance with certain procedures and render legal advice only after completion of those procedures and when it is permissible to do so. For further information about these contents, please contact us at 916-569-8100 or email@example.com.
10. Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SMITH, McDOWELL & POWELL, A LAW CORPORATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF: MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
11. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SMITH, McDOWELL & POWELL, A LAW CORPORATION BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT IS TO CEASE ALL OF YOUR SITE USE.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) which do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
13. Copyrights and Copyright Agent. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law corporation notice containing all of the following information: (a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; (d) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
14. Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern these Terms and Condition of Use and any dispute that may arise between you and Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation or its affiliates.
15. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
16. Termination. Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation may terminate or modify this Agreement at any time, with or without notice, for any reason. Any modification shall be posted on-line and be effective immediately.
17. Contact Information.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Smith, McDowell & Powell, A Law Corporation
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 208 South
Sacramento, California 95825
Effective July 31, 2013